Some of us love the heat, others don't; but some employees have a tougher time due to wearing a 'fixed' uniform. Our personal comfort is just that... personal, we can keep cooler by:
- What we wear under our uniforms - natural fabrics are better - even your socks!
- Keeping our wrist area clear - here the blood is closest to the surface so we can cool it quicker by running our wrists under cool water.
- Keeping hydrated - how many times have you been to the loo? Keep drinking. Water is best!
- If your employer allows, have a fan, position it safely, the flow of air will help our natural perspiration and make us feel cooler.
- Get a good nights sleep! This will make everyone feel better, and ensure we can deal with the stressors of the day.
- Enoy the weather as much as you can, winter will soon be upon us!